To ensure the safe, secure and appropriately tracked delivery of cannabis across Ontario, all shipping is provided by an OCS authorized carrier(s). Deliveries can only be made directly to the authorized store for which the order was placed.
Responsibilities of the Licensed Retailer include:
1. Advising OCS Wholesale of any timing or access restrictions for deliveries upon account set-up.
2. Ensure there is a clear path to the delivery area, taking into consideration the method of delivery.
3. Be sure to have an authorized staff member present to receive and sign off on the delivery.
4. Advise the Client Service Centre Team at 1-877-627-1627 of any changes to your delivery requirements or store closures as soon as possible.
Note: The delivery courier is responsible for bringing the delivery to the threshold of the store.
Accepting Product Deliveries
Licensed Retailers must ensure an authorized staff member is available to receive the shipment, and they must be prepared to:
Accept Full Delivery: Accept Full Delivery: The entire order must be accepted. If you notice a shortage, overage or damage, accept the entire order and clearly mark the discrepancy on all copies of the Bill of Lading (BOL) (see Appendix F in the Retailer Agreement). If a shortage, overage or damage is discovered after accepting a delivery, you will have 48 hours after receiving your shipment to submit your claims to CSC via webform or by phone.
Count Cases: The number of cases accepted must be clearly marked on the driver’s copy of the BOL; if the total number of cases received does not match the total on the BOL, make a note of the difference on all copies of the BOL.
Sign the Bill of Lading: Both the authorized staff member and the driver must sign all copies of the BOL. The BOL includes any proof of delivery (POD) document substituted by the carrier.
Avoid Delays: The authorized staff member may not delay the driver to conduct a product-by-product inventory check. The accuracy of the order is the responsibility of OCS Wholesale, not the carrier.
Receiving Your Order
Once your order arrives:
• Verify that the number of boxes match the carrier’s paperwork before signing for the order
• Retrieve your packing list from the driver
• After signing for the order, verify the contents of each box by matching to the packing slip
Please contact CSC to report any variance within 48 hours of receiving your shipment.
OCS Wholesale will use a standard transportation rate for Licensed Retailers across the province. The rate will be reviewed regularly and may be adjusted at the discretion of the OCS. We will provide notice in advance of changes to the transportation rate.
The transportation rate is inclusive of all surcharges, like fuel and material-handling equipment.
Holiday Delivery Schedule
If an order or delivery date is affected by a statutory holiday, OCS Wholesale will communicate, in advance, a schedule that mitigates order and delivery disruptions.
If your delivery falls on a weekend or public holiday, the PAD payment will be processed on the next business day.